HOW TO RUN OBS STUDIO V29 IN WINDOWS 7
I’ll keep post updated if any changes happen.
Recently last officially supported version was [27.4.2]
But from now on we can use actual version of software.
Here is small instruction list on how to make things rollin’ under mighty Windows 7:
- Obtain hacked [QT 6.3.1 DLLs for Windows 7] ||| [Mirror] [QT6 is not officially supported]
- Download [CFF Explorer] [direct link] for basic resource hackery
- Obviously grab latest zipped archive [OBS Studio 29.0.2]
Beware that crappy exe-installer will spit out error that you have “obsolete OS”, just ignore false statement and use zipped version instead.
- From extracted QT6 archive take files:
Qt6Core.dll, Qt6Gui.dll and place them into \OBS\bin\64bit folder, then take QWindows.dll and put it to \OBS\bin\64bit\platforms folder
- Run CFF Explorer, open obs.dll. Find “Import Directory”, locate KERNEL32.dll file
- Find IsWow64Process2 parameter and rename it to IsWow64Process [simple as that]
- Save changes to changed obs.dll
- Start OBS Studio 29 and you are in the game again!