If you are a long term reader/visitor of my site you may already know that i am using following keyboards:
- Japanese [Topre Realforce RGB] [rubber-dome capacitive key switches]
- Chinese [Vortex Race III] [clicky blue Cherry-MX key switches]
- Chinese [Vortex Tab90M] [clicky blue Cherry-MX key switches]
- Thailand [IBM KB-8926]
[quite good rubber-dome key switches]
Note: board from 1996 in mind condition, using it on my job.
And now i’ve decided to give a shot to top end keyboard of Keychron brand.
Founded in 2017 by [Chinese keyboard geeks] and enthusiasts company offers enormous amount of keyboard models to match any possible taste.
Long-term keyboard manufactures like Logitech, Razor, Microsoft look pretty bleak and unappealing comparing to Keychron products.
This beast is a full sized, hideously massive device, which weights almost like Vortex Race III and Topre RealForce combined together.
My first impressions of keyboard sorted by priority: “What’s came to my mind first of all”.
- Silky smooth tactile hit strokes, with sensible feedback [think that i like brown switches even more than blue ones]
- Solid PBT keycaps with ergonomic retro shaped profile [OSA]
- Incredibly good quality metal casing [even better than Vortex Race III]
- Very convenient metal volume knob, which works out-of-the-box w/o any drivers [volume knob also acts as play/pause button, by pressing it]
- Persuasive price/quality ratio, you’ll get the most cheapest offer among hi-quality keyboards
- Macros and key remaping can be done in not so good quality web-app software, which runs only in chrome browser
Here are some pictures of this mechanical gem at your disposal:
KEYCHRON Q6 TYPING [ASMR]
After [Keychron Q6] tryout i returned to 100% keyboard size philosophy and ditched Vortex Tab 90M.
Damn, keyboard insanity should be somehow stopped. Somebody stop me please.